Sunday, March 22, 2009

Xanthia Doll

Yet another "triple team" with my friends Jason and Jessica. Xanthia came in from California and she was awesome to work with, very easy going and yada yada yada. Anyways Jason just got two new backdrops so we put those to use. And as usual the awesome Elizabeth Tolley came up and helped with make up and hair.

I haven't really shot in a studio setting in a while so it was a challenge at first to control all the damn light spill. I also intentionally left my ri

ngflash at home so I was forced to figure something out without it, worked out swell. For the grey backdrop shot I went with just one beauty dish and controlled the light spill onto the backdrop behind her to give it a little depth and also make it a really dark color. I was thinking about some rims but I would definitely need flags to control spill as well as lens flare since the room was small.

Xanthia Doll

Xanthia Doll

For this shot I ended up using a total of 4 lights. SO GLAD I didnt sell my 2 other sb800's those things are a lifesaver when you need some quick fill. I wasn't too happy with the rim lighting on her left but what can ya do, I'll perfect it next time.

Lighting:
beauty dish above camera to the left
rim high left behind model
rim low behind right with reflective umbrella
1 fill below camera to the left

Xanthia Doll

No comments: