Saturday, June 7, 2008

We Were Gentlemen

This photoshoot was fun and came out out amazing. At least for my expectations. We started out in McArthur Mall's parking garage. I got there 30 minutes early to set up my strobes on a vacant floor (hoping security wouldn't mess with me). I used my girlfriend Candace to stand in 5 places where I wanted the band members to stand so I could make sure there was not too much fall off on each of the members. The parking garage shots I believe were done with 3 sb800's. 2 Bare back left and right for highlights, and 1 as my main light through a white shoot through umbrella.

Results for parking garage locations:

wwg

Next we wanted to try and ask the movie theatre if we could do some shots there. Unfortunately we were shut down, I was excited to get some cool theatre shots.

We ended up walking to the high end restaurant Kincaid's(sp?) in the mall and I talked to the manager and she was really nice about the whole situation. So we were a GO for that.
I used 1 strobe set up for this place. 1, because the place was kind of too small for two strobes, and 2, because 1 strobe was more than enough for this place. 1 strobe can also help get some dramatic shadows, but that wasn't the case for these shots.

Results:

wwg

wwg

Finally, we went to a walkway I really wanted to shoot at. These shots came out extraordinary. I pretty much used the same set up like I did for the parking garage shots but the walk way was WAY more cramped. Not to mention there were huge puddles all over the place that made nervous, and on TOP of that there was a steady flow of pedestrian traffic in there so we were constantly moving.

Also since the place was a little more compact I had to lower the power output of all my flashes because they were a lot more close to the band than they were in the garage.

Results:

we were gentlement photoshoot teaser

OH YEAH, I forgot I got an ABR00 ringflash to add to my army of sb800's. I have only used it on this shoot so far but I am excited to get it going. I just need a VAGABOND II battery pack and some other light modifiers and I'll incorporate it more.

But these were done in Jillian with 1 ABR800. I'll only post a couple to avoid redundancy.
Thanks for reading!

Results:

wwg

wwg

No comments: