Saturday, June 7, 2008

various shots of Candace

Since Candace is my girlfriend I have the advantage of practicing new lighting techniques AND full time access to a pretty model.

This shot we were on a vacant backroad in whoknowswhere, North Carolina. I wanted to see how my SB800 power would stand against the sun. Of course the sun won, but the SB800's performance was satisfactory.

One thing that I am disappointed in was my awful knowledge of what settings to use. WHAT I SHOULD HAVE DONE was make my aperture smaller with a decent shutter speed. But I am dumb and did the opposite. Fortunately the results were pretty nice.

Anyways heres the setup description, Candace stood between me and the sun. I was laying flat on my back on insanely HOT pavement with her standing right over me. I had 2 sb800's camera left blasting away at full power.

Result:

candace

This shot was actually done right across the street from my house in the park. Candace got a new dress and why the hell not take some pictures of it. Equipment used was 1 sb800 with a 28x28 softbox camera left and 1 bare sb800 camera right.

Result:

candace

No comments: